Saturday, May 30, 2009

Finished Finally

After what seems like a billion or so years, classes and dollars, I have proclaimed myself DONE with school. I now have a high school graduation degree, a B.S. in Elementary Education, a M.Ed in Educational Technology and now a M.Ed. in Leadership. I have spent the last 38 years in school in one form or another: as a young child, teenager, young adult, pregnant married lady, divorced single mom and recently a frustrated "sort of "old lady! Of course the "old" is a relative term-old as a student!
I have fulfilled the requirements of public education, taken 164 undergraduate credit hours, and 69 graduate credit hour and an additional 12 graduate hours to obtain my TSLE (teaching second language education) endorsement. That does not include all the training hours in MASE(math and science education) and FOSS(full option science set) and Success For All and.... Does it seems like I have been focusing on my temporal advancement? Well, yes, maybe but we are encouraged to learn as much as possible while journeying on this little planet of ours!
Many years ago, I received my personal compass and blessing that stated that I would be a teacher. It really said that. I went on my way and forgot all about it. Funny how those things turn out to be true. It also said that universities are great places to learn but that higher learning happens in those building on the top of the mountains....
I guess it is time to start focusing on those eternal lessons since I have proclaimed myself to be done with temporal education! So I must not really be finished. I sure hope that I get better benefits in my new course of learning. Do you think I can learn Spanish without actually taking a class????

No comments:

Post a Comment